This project required the gut renovation of an existing 50,000 square foot building housing New York’s largest residential methadone-to-abstinence programs. The Historic masonry structure was designed in 1910 by McKim Mead & White. The project was built in phases, while the facility was fully occupied. The entire interior was renovated and reconfigured to achieve spatial efficiencies and to upgrade the environment. The building exterior was restored, and we added a new entry canopy. Included within the facility are a medical center, group therapy, counseling and vocational training rooms, administrative offices, housing for 150 recovering clients, and two commercial kitchens and dining halls.